Custom Door Warranty
General Builders Supply warrants, subject to the conditions and restrictions contained below, that each door manufactured and sold by GBS shall be free of defects that would render them unfit for ordinary recommended purposes from the time of manufacture for a period no longer than 1 year from the date of shipment. Should a warranted door be discovered by GBS to be defective, GBS at its discretion, will either:
1. Repair the door free of charge, or:
2. Provide replacement parts for repair of the door with no charge, or:
3. Ship a replacement door at no cost, or:
4. Refund the orginal purchase price paid to GBS for such a door.
Final Warranty Inspection will be decided when the defective door arrives at General Builders Supply. If the warranty claim is found to be invalid, no refund will be issued for the original door. Except as otherwise expressly written herein, GBS shall not pay for the cost of labor, installation, or finishing of the replacement or orginal door or any other cost relating to the replacement of the door. GBS will not be held liable for any door repaired or replaced without our prior written consent.
The following are not to be considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by this limited warranty:
1. Exterior doors not protected by substantial overhang and exposed to extreme weather conditions Other than the West side of the dwelling, the minimum sufficient roof overhang may be defined as a distance of not less than one half of the height elevation measured from the bottom of the door overhang at the point that the overhang is furthest from the door or entry On the West side of the dwelling, this roof overhang should equal the height from the bottom of the door to the projection. The width of the overhang and/or placement and size of the entryway side walls are, also, very important to adequately protect the entryway.
2. Failure to seal door on all edges and faces immediately following installation.
3. Warp for any door wider than 42" or taller than 96".
4. Bow or non-alignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung which is purchased through GBS and is not pre-hung.
5. Variations or negative results in gloss level, texture, or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or any other finishing material.
6. Natural Variations in the color or texture of the wood species.
7. Damage caused by others beyond the control of GBS, including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, or by all destructive forces of nature.
8. Failure to perform normal homeowner's maintenance.
9. Panel movement and shrinkage.
10. Doors shipped outside of the continental United States.
11.Defects or damages arising in, or as a result of shipment by common carriers, private transportation, and/or any other means of transportation not covered by the warranty.
12. Installing a storm door over your custom entry system.
13. Painting custom entry system black or another dark color.